Sunday, April 10, 2011

Statuses Killed the Long-Winded Story

Though I am a person with more than enough to say, I am coming up blank about what to write about to amuse the few of you who are interested. I think the issue is that twitter and Facebook have got me thinking on 140 characters and fewer. Status updates have done what I cannot. They have made me speak concisely rather than extremely quickly. Because my whole life, THAT has been my solution. Talk very fast to keep people from losing interest. If I fit two minutes worth of opinions into 20 seconds, people won't lose interest. SURELY.

Not so. But maybe it's better than being long-winded.

But now, with these little empty boxes I can only fill with a few words, I have to actually trim what I'm saying.

So now, the scraps of sentences that have fallen to the kitchen floor have been picked up by the dogs: books and blogs.

If you want to read any of my entries in my voice, just think of how dialogue sounds when you fast forward on a DVD just enough so that you can still hear the voices.


All of that is to say, in status update-length summary: welcome to my little blog thing.


P

1 comment:

  1. Status updates really have killed the long-winded story. I even find myself talking in 140 characters or less.

    ReplyDelete